- Past Case Competitions 2018/2019
- Past Case Competitions 2017/2018
- Past Off-Campus Career Events - 2018/19
- Past On-Campus Career Events - 2018/19
- Past Off-Campus Career Events - 2017/18
- Past Off-Campus Career Events - 2016/17
- Past On-Campus Career Events - 2017/18
- Past On-Campus Career Events - 2016/17
1. Past Case Competitions 2018/2019
Are you ready to take on the #ChallengeofChoice? Sign up now! Shopee National Data Science Challenge 2019
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to solve problems like a Data Scientist?
Come join us in this challenge today!
The objectives of the National Data Science Challenge (NDSC) are to:
- Equip students and professionals with essential technical skills and expertise to prepare them for the digital and data-driven economy
- Bring the tech community closer through working together and knowledge sharing
- Provide an environment for the development of creative new ideas in Data ScienceThe theme of the National Data Science Challenge 2019 is Product Information Extraction in the Wild – a challenge to extract insightful knowledge from large volumes of textual and visual data using Machine Learning Analytics. The Top 3 teams and the Most Creative Team from each category will win attractive cash prizes!MSC Maritime Summit Case Challenge (MMSCC)
Keen to apply theories learnt in school to real-world business problems?The Champion Team stands to win a $2,000 Cash Prize and the Top 3 teams also get an opportunity to network with senior Maritime Leaders at Artemis Grill – a rooftop fine-dining restaurant.
- Head to this link for more information!
- Join the MSC Maritime Summit Case Challenge–inaugural case competition designed to challenge undergraduates to solve real-world business problems faced by maritime companies, organised by the Singapore Maritime Foundation and in partnership with three of the biggest maritime industry players – APL, Jurong Port and Shell.
- For more information and to register, please click here! Registration closes February 9, 2019.
- Through this competition, we hope to showcase the ubiquity and usefulness of data in getting insights, thus reinforcing Singapore’s emphasis on driving the digital economy and the use of big data.
Experience Goldman Sachs – Case Study Challenge
At Goldman Sachs, we believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. So whether you’ve been trading penny stocks since the eighth grade or have never imagined a career in finance, there’s a place for you here.
For us, it’s all about bringing together people who are curious, collaborative and have the drive to make things possible for our clients and communities.
Interested? We’d love to meet you – join us for our ‘Experience Goldman Sachs – Case Study Challenge’ to learn more about the work that we do.
This 3-month challenge (to take place between Jan – Mar 2019) is designed to position and prepare students for their careers in the financial industry. Selected participants will be assigned to a team to work through case studies while being guided by a mentor from Goldman Sachs.
Pre-penultimate undergraduate university students (graduating between Dec 2020 – Jul 2021)
Applications are to be submitted individually and we will assign you to your respective teams in January 2019. Interested? Please submit your CV on Symplicity by 16th November to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further rounds of interviews.
Point72 Academy Global Case Competition
2020, 2021, or 2022 Graduates: Register by September 28
Register with a team from your university for a chance to win a trip to New York City, a $15,000 grand prize, and seats in our exclusive Point72 Academy Summit.
Our annual case competition challenges you to research a case, write a pitch, and present it to our team via video interview. As a Finalist, you’ll work with a Point72 mentor to refine your presentation and rise to the challenge of presenting your case to some of Point72’s top investment professionals in NYC November 2-3, 2018. Learn more at Point72.com/Academy
Shell Imagine the Future Scenarios Competition
Scenarios provide plausible alternative views of the future. Building and using scenarios can help us explore what the future might look like and the likely changes of living in it. Team up in groups of 5-8 students and build scenarios of what more and cleaner energy for Asia Pacific and Middle East cities will look like in 2050. How will this impact the way these residents live, work and play? Teams will be guided by Shell and our partners to develop a useful skill in building and using scenarios. Plus, stand to win attractive prizes for the top teams.
Hands-on training by Shell:
Thur, 13 Sep 2017, 1pm – 5pm
Shell Singapore, The Metropolis Tower 1, Level 6, 9 North Buona Vista Drive, Singapore 138588
Singapore Thur, 17 Jan 2019
Regional Mon, 25 Mar 2019
Are you up for a challenge?
Register here by Friday, 7 Sep 2018, 5pm. Limited to the first five teams or 40 students. Learn more about the competition here.
Ernst & Young: EY Corporate Finance Woman of the Year 2018 Competition Ernest & Young (EY) invites you to take part in our global competition, EY Corporate Finance Woman of the Year (CFWY), which takes place in 16 countries around the world. A competition like no other, we seek women who want the opportunity to do something with purpose, to make an impact in corporate finance to make the world work better for all. Enter the CFWY competition and you’ll be challenged to create innovative solutions to address pressing business and talent issues in the digital future, as well as kickstart your career journey in corporate finance. The competition also offers you a chance to:
- Build a network of contacts who can help to drive your consulting career forward
- Learn about the different career experiences in Transaction Advisory Services
- Discover how our diverse, highest performing teams deliver exceptional client servicesThe overall winner, first and second runner-up winners will receive cash prizes and an internship for penultimate students. Graduating students will be made a job offer to start their career at EY.
- The winner will travel to London, the UK at the end of February 2019 to participate in the global competition. The finalists from each participating country will have the opportunity to network and share ideas with EY Transaction Advisory Services leaders and our people from around the world. The event includes:
- When you enter the competition, you not only stand a chance to win cash prize and a job placement with EY, you will also expand your professional network, learn from inspiring leaders and enhance your personal brand.
- Leadership presentations
- Learning workshops
- Individual and group challenges
- Networking and celebratory events
- Learning real-life case study from social enterpriseOpen Innovation Platform
Are you an innovative company looking to unlock value from your technology with a real use case and potential customers? If that is you, we want you!
The Open Innovation Platform (OIP), an initiative by the Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) and powered by KPMG, connects real business challenges to Problem Solvers. We want to expand opportunities for co-innovation, commercialisation and scaling of new digital solutions.
We have launched our first Innovation Call with more than 10 challenges posted by Problem Owners from different industries on the platform. We are looking for solvers with innovative solutions in a range of technology fields including Internet of Things (IOT), Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity.
Successful winners of each challenge can look forward to:
- For more information on the competition and participation details, visit ey.com/sg/cfwy. Entries close on 30 September 2018.
- Working with real client owners to contextualise your innovative solution to their business needs
- Potential opportunities to commercialise and access go-to-market channels of problem owners and other partners
- Tapping on dedicated support from IMDA, including access to a panel of mentors and advisors, design thinking and innovation expertise, and use of prototyping facilities
- Receiving business guidance and support from domain experts and the wider community of technology and market enablers
- Receiving prize monies of up to S$60,000CodeIT.Suisse
Is coding part of your DNA?
CODE TO WIN prizes worth a total of SGD 5,000!Date & Venue September 21 – 23, 2018 (Friday Afternoon to Sunday) at Credit Suisse Singapore OfficeHow to apply
To participate, you may apply on an individual basis or form a team of 2-3 eligible members. For those applying on an individual basis, Credit Suisse will assign you to a team of 2-3 eligible members.
Each participant is required to solve a web-based puzzle here. Once the puzzle is solved, instructions will be provided on how to apply for CodeIT Suisse. Each team member must submit an application.Further event details will be sent to successful event applicants. We look forward to your entries!
For further enquiries, please contact our Campus Recruiting Team by email at email@example.comL’Oreal Brandstorm Case 2019
Create a disruptive innovation for skincare experience to attract, engage and educate health conscious consumers by leveraging new online and offline services, digital solutions and connected technologies. Be the best and further develop your idea. How far can you take it? Win a chance to be an Intrapreneur for 3 months at Station F, the largest startup campus in the world!Airbus: Fly Your Ideas 2019 Competition
At the dawn of a new era in aerospace, with Fly Your Ideas, Airbus offers a unique opportunity for students worldwide to activate their pioneering spirit and innovate for the future. With support from Airbus, teams will tackle global challenges, harnessing the latest digital tools and technologies to create a safer, cleaner, better connected world.
- 6 key challenges:
- Registration deadline: February 1, 2019
More information: https://brandstorm2019.loreal.com/en/challenges/play-experiment-innovate-singapore
- The way the competition works:
▸Build an amazing team of 3 superheroes to solve the Mission
▸Come up with the most innovative idea, sharpen it throughout the selection process and become the champion of your country.
▸Fly to Paris, immerse yourself at L’Oréal’s headquarters and pitch your innovation to top L’Oréal executives.
- BOC-NUS Case Competition 2018
Stand to win grand prizes:
First prize – $2,500
Second prize – $1,000
Third prize – $500
1. Form a team of 4, or sign up individually
of full-time undergraduates of any course combination from Singapore’s local universities. We will help you to find team mates if you are signing up individually!
2. Register by 29th August, 12pm
Register your team on www.nuscasecomp.com! Teams that register before 22nd August, 11:59pm will stand a chance to win early bird prizes of $200 worth of CapitaLand vouchers.
3. Mark your calendar
30th Aug-1st Sept: Preliminary Case
5th Sept: Semi-Finals Case
6th Sept: Semi-Finals Presentation
7th Sept: Finals Presentation
- Application Deadline
9 September, 2018 (Sunday)
- Prizes worth the following amounts will be awarded to the top four teams.
Champion Team SGD 2,000
First Runner Up Team SGD 1,500
Second Runner Up Team SGD 1,000
Third Runner Up Team SGD 500
- Why is this Coding Challenge unique?
Instead of business cases, the topics this coding challenge will cover are:
– Algorithmic Challenges
– Image Processing
– Machine/Deep Learning
– Code for Code… And More….
And of course, with delicious food to keep you going…
- Applications for the first Innovation Call on the OIP are now open till 14 September 2018.
Visit the official website to learn more about the OIP and view the problem statements.
You may apply to multiple problem statements as long as you have what it takes to win. Apply now!
- Data Services
- Cyber Security
- Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mixed Reality
Round 1 deadline: November 16, 2018
More information: https://www.airbus-fyi.com/
The Duff & Phelps YOUniversity Deal Challenge 2019
Duff & Phelps, a leading Valuation and Corporate Finance Advisory firm, is now accepting registrations for The Duff & Phelps YOUniversity Deal Challenge 2019. The 2019 program tests a broad range of skills including mergers and acquisitions advisory, transaction opinions, disputes and investigations and valuation advisory.
By working with team members to solve problems presented in a complex fact pattern, you’ll apply technical reasoning and critical thinking throughout key stages of the deal-making process. In the end, you’ll have a unique perspective on how a deal comes together–from start to finish. YOU could also walk away with thousands of dollars in scholarships or cash rewards!
Registration for the YOUniversity Deal Challenge has begun and will continue until 2 November 2018. For rules, regulations and timeline for your country and to register, please visit the YOUniversity Deal Challenge page. You can also check out last year’s winners and other information about the competition.